Thursday, September 8, 2011

Meet: Patricia Thornton

FACETIME Silent Auction Artist Patricia Thornton

 
 Art is the instrument through which my ideas, life stories and observations take form. I work in a wide range of two and three dimensional media, including installation, painting, drawing, printmaking, collage and photography depending on the needs of the piece. My approach to making art is process based, experimental and playful. While working and creating iconography, I enjoy scribbling, scratching and erasing as well as delicately rendered lines and shapes. 

  For the past five years I have been working on a series I’ve  titled “Misfits, Monsters and Pretty Things”. The characters from this series live in everywhere USA. In a world, very much like my own, full of love and violence, confusion and clarity and many other contradictions. The pieces mirror my life. I am a daydreamer a pacifist and an optimist, a combination of characteristics that are not particularly appreciated in our society. If you want to learn more visit my blog @ patriciathornton.blogspot.com

Witch, Whitch or Which

No comments:

Post a Comment