Friday, September 9, 2011

Meet: Athena Lonsdale

FACETIME Live Auction Artist Athena Lonsdale
 
Athena, me...

In the beginning, I enjoyed picking the sap filled pinon nuts out of the trees in my New Mexican back yard, playing tag with our goats, and eating my mothers organic lentils and rice…then I found an interest in having eclectic blue hair while getting A’s at my California school…then I started following boys down snowboard runs and competing with girls in big air jumps around the world…and now, I like acquiring vintage items, photographing strong people, rollerskating, and eating brown rice with avocados sprinkled with salt and pepper.

Athena, photography…

In 2008, Athena Photography got serious. I started doing commercial photography for local organizations like the Office of Public Instruction and Montana Community Development Corporation.  After bringing home an ADDY for Salt Studios I was hooked. Since then I’ve expanded my clients, but never let go of my love for the personal portrait or my own self-portraits. Whether in work or play, I reach for the feeling of happenstance, cinematic imagery, exploring ones identity, strong characteristics, and curious moments. My world is positive and full of hope. Each day I’m energized by the challenge of navigating through my career…and p.s. I’m a big Hellgate Rollergirl fan!
 
me-- joyful, creative, spontaneous looking for the curious, timeless, confident, and uninhibited. What do you love-- your long hair, your big belly, your father or daughter, your off road truck? I love my ambition, attraction to contrast, pops of color, old items, avocados, and photographing on location. I hope to meet you over a healthy donation followed by collaborative drinks. Find me at MAM on September 15th for a close look;)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment