Friday, September 9, 2011

Meet: Gretel Stoudt

FACETIME Live Auction Artist Gretel Stoudt 


 Gretel Stoudt was born in Adamstown, Pennsylvania, the "Antiques Capitol of the U.S.A." Gretel is the youngest of five, born into an eccentric and creative family. After high school, Gretel moved out West and eventually settled in Missoula, where she studied History at The University of Montana. Gretel continues to express the importance of history as well as contemporary culture in her work, drawing close ties between the past and the present through iconic imagery from everyday life. Gretel enjoys collecting records, antiquing, skiing, and playing pinochle.

 I like to draw and print imagery that create dialogues through iconic imagery and personal histories. I primarily work with various printmaking techniques and photographic transfers, graphite, beeswax, crayons, and paint. I have a growing inventory of images that I put together to make collective pieces, using symbols like planes, gramophones, and animals. My interest in history and culture has given me an ever-growing number of subjects that I like to put on wood blocks or paper and assort them accordingly, creating a collection of stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment